The Chamber is the friendly voice of the county on the phone and via the Internet. As part of its mission, the Chamber serves as an information center, answering questions from visitors and newcomers about local events and about the county and its communities. The Chamber also serves as a referral center, guiding people to member businesses that can meet their needs.
The Chamber is the leading supporter of many community events, including a local farmers’ market, the Red Hills Festival on the Memorial Day weekend, the Fourth of July parade and fireworks display, the annual Stew Stomp and accompanying Veteran’s Day observations, and the Christmas parade. All of these events build community spirit and draw multitudes of visitors to our county where they help support local businesses.
The Chamber of Commerce promotes its members’ businesses through
- an e-newsletter
- this Web site
- a Facebook page
Promotion activities for new or expanding businesses include
- ribbon cuttings featured in the local media
- e-mail blasts announcing upcoming sales or promotions
- an article in the Chamber newsletter.
During the winter holidays, the Chamber conducts promotions that greatly increase revenues of the participating businesses.
Learning and Networking
The Chamber helps business leaders learn new skills, keep up with current trends, and interact with each other by
- providing seminars and discussions on business topics
- creating networking opportunities
- providing guidance for entrepreneurs starting or expanding a business
- keeping an up-to-date listing of available sites and buildings.