Winston County has many qualities that add up to success for your business.
Skilled, Available Labor Force
- Skilled workforce trained in manufacturing, transportation, communication, and construction.
- Available workforce totaling over 8,400 individuals with an employment rate of over 84%.
- Well-educated population, with over 73% holding a high school degree or higher.
- Low labor costs, with an average manufacturing wage of $37,917 in 2008.
- Customized workforce training available in Louisville through East Central Community College and the Workforce Investment Network.
Ease of Transportation
- Easy transportation to major markets
- Mississippi Route 25, a 4-lane highway, runs through Louisville
- Interstates 20 and 55 pass within 65 miles of Louisville
- Rail access by Kansas City Southern Railway
- Three airports within 100 miles
- Port access to the Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway within 55 miles
Ready-To-Build Land and Available Buildings Suited for Industry
- Five industrial parks with utilities and easy transportation
- Additional properties and land ready for development
Financing and Tax Exemptions
- Variety of state incentives and tax exemptions and local incentives
- Several university industrial outreach programs available at Mississippi State University, 30 miles from Louisville
Need more information about a specific building or site? Or would you just like to learn more about what Winston County has to offer? Please contact our director, Gerald Mills at 662-773-8712 or visit our Contact Us page.