Winston Medical Center 662-773-6211 in Louisville provides expert, responsive medical care for acute medical
situations as well as general health care. The Center’s facilities include:
- a modern, 65-bed hospital
- an up-to-date emergency room
- a CCU/ICU unit
- an outpatient services area.
Among the services offered are:
- general surgery
- state-of-the-art laboratory services
- respiratory care
- rehabilitation therapy
- geriatric psychiatric care
- social services for patients.
Nearby Medical Centers
Nearby hospitals for conditions requiring more intensive or specialized treatment include
- Oktibbeha County Hospital in Starkville, 30 miles from Louisville
- Baptist Memorial Hospital – Golden Triangle in Columbus, about 60 miles away.
The University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson, about 95 miles from Louisville, is highly ranked nationally and encompasses a clinic, four specialized hospitals, and the state’s only level-one trauma center and organ transplant programs.
Other Health Services
The Winston Medical Center operates a 120-bed skilled nursing home, and the Mississippi Department of Public Health operates a 50-bed children’s psychiatric hospital in Louisville. Home health care in Winston County is offered by a number of organizations, including the Mississippi Department of Health. Among the services available are intravenous (IV) therapy and nutrition counseling.